Wednesday, May 6, 2009

God's Timing

I hate that phrase sometimes. Seems like one of the over spiritualized excuses for not doing something. Maybe that is just me.
We have been working hard at getting everything in place for Kaufman Drive Phase 2. It seemed like we were going to be able to get going this week. Then we have a major setback based on a DEP report. Argh.
Now we are trying to figure out if we can still make this happen. Yes I know it is in God's hand. I know that He is in control. I know that His timing is the best.
However, the part that we often fail to do, is to do the stuff that we can do. I believe in checking all doors to see if there are locked. If they are fine. But if they aren't go for it.

3 comments:

Blake said...

I understand your frustration. The President of MSM said one time that in fundraising we should work as if it all depends on us and pray as if it all depends on God. I'm not sure what I think of that yet, but it kind of fits this circumstance.

Dan Borchert said...

Blake,
Your President of MSM is quoting that Mark Batterson guy. Interesting!

Blake said...

HAHAHA..... Awesome!