Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bye Bye 2008

Sitting here on December 31st, the last day of the year. As I was driving to the Lighthouse this morning I was thinking. What was the most memorable moment of the year for me. Hmm...that is a tough one. I think I have it narrowed down to two for totally different reasons.
The first one is the 10 days I got to spend with my family in between Bakerstown Alliance and the Lighthouse. I guess it is those unplanned vacations that are just amazing. The time we spent together was great. We did not go anywhere exotic or anything like that. We just hung out and had fun. I had so much fun.
The second one would be running in the Erie Marathon. Wow. I know that sounds like a purely physical activity. But for me it was mental and spiritual just as much. I can not tell you how bad it hurt. I can not fully describe the mental games that it was playing on me. But if you have ever had a dream, worked like crazy trying to accomplish that dream, use everything inside of you, and cross that finish line, you know what I am talking about. To have my wife and kids there to see me finish, wow!
Just two of the things that popped in my mind this morning. I like to wish you all a happy new year. And by all means Chase the Lion, Chase Your Dreams!

1 comment:

Shari said...

2008 hasn't been such a great year for me. I'm thinking of putting on my biggest pair of boots and kicking it right in the old behind and out the door at midnight, that's how eager I am to get rid of this year. Hopefully 2009 will be better.