Thursday, December 11, 2008

Anger is the good sense

Sorry I have not blogged too much this week. But allow me to tell you the story. Last Thursday we had a building inspection at Safe Harbor. I was really hoping that day we would get our occupancy permit. Well we didn't.
So the inspector gave us a list of things that needed to be done and told us see you on Tuesday. So we looked at the list, and we went to work. Doing everything that we could to get the list done.
Tuesday comes along...And we failed again. This time we have another list of things to do. With a, "I will be back on Thursday." So we begin to tackle that list.
At this point, I can not express how mad I was. I can admit I was angry. I was really really mad. Now I had to ask myself a difficult question. Was I mad at the inspector. At first I think I was. Then I thought about it, he honestly was just doing his job. What I was mad at was the fact it was not done.
I used that anger to do everything that I could to make sure that we passed. I am really sore, tired, and wore out. But we have our occupancy permit! Anger is a good sense.

1 comment:

Shari said...

If this is the same inspector I think it is, be prepared to hear "sorry, try again" a lot from him. The school districts in Butler County HATE HIM. And no, hate isn't too strong of a word. Seems he enjoys making life difficult for people. Take a deep breath and hang in there.