Friday, December 5, 2008

Catching Snow Flakes

Today I was walking outside. I happenes to look up. It was one of those times when it was snowing and the flakes were huge. I did what is natural. I stuck my tongue out and followed a snowflake in the air and caught it on my tongue.
Now in the fall when the leaves are coming off the tree, I will reach out my hands and try to catch a leave with my hands.
Yes I am Married. Yes I am 32. Yes I am a Ordained Minister with a "Rev." in front of my name. Yes I am a Executive Director. And yes I still catch snowflakes in my tongue. It is one of the way that I enjoy God's creation.
I think we take ourselves to serious when we will not allow ourselves to chase snow flakes or catch leaves. Now a little warning from a person who has received many of dirty looks over the years. Sometimes it is best to catch the snow flakes when no one is around.