Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Remembering the reason

There is something funny about ministry that not everyone is willing to tell you. It is the fact that not everything you do is going to relate to exploring the truths of the Hypostatic Union (yes, I do know my Theology). Take today for example. I was tracking down our application for a bond. A bond? What does that have to do with expressing God's love in tangible ways? Well let me explain. We need to get the bond to be able to get a dealers licence for our vehicle donation program. Why do we need to get a dealer's license? Well it will help us be able to get more vehicles and sell vehicles faster. By doing that, we are able to help more people then.
You always need to keep the reason in mind. It is so easy to lose focus. It is so easy to get caught up in some minor detail. Later on down the road, when we have our dealer license, when I am able to give someone a car that was donated from a dealer because we have a dealer license I will sit back remember the bond and laugh.
Remember the reason.

No comments: