Monday, December 15, 2008

Job Perks

Tonight I had the opportunity to represent the Lighthouse at a Christmas concert by the Bogmeisters. Turns out this was their first Christmas concert ever. Could have fooled me. Man, they were good. Not just good. Great. My foot was tired by the time it was over from all the toe tapping going on. The Bogmeisters are a barber shop group. So nice to hear that four part harmony.
What I really enjoyed was watching everyone singing. Either one or two things happen. Either they are great actors and deserve some sort of award, or they were having fun doing what they were doing. My guess is the 2nd one. Love to see people doing what they love.

Now let me also add something here. Admission to the concert was free. Guests just had to bring a canned good. All the food was donated to the Lighthouse. They did not need to do anything for the Lighthouse. They did not have to have us there. They did it just because they care about helping out their community.

So I go to represent the Lighthouse. I leave humbled and with a tired foot.

1 comment:

B.W. said...

unfortunate about their name though......

:)