Sunday, December 28, 2008

6 Christmas's

I did count. I have it figured out. My kids (and their Dad and Mom) will have not 1, not 2, not 3 but 6 Christmas's. Meaning that 6 times they will get to open presents. Wow! I am not sure how that all happened. Just work out that way with all the various family members. I will admit, I am lucky to have all those people in my life. I want my kids to enjoy this. However, I also hope that my kids realize how special this is.
One of the things that I have been fortunate is to have my parents live right up the road. Most every Sunday we have basically a family reunion. I never thought my brother and I would be living this close to our parents. It is great. We are taking full advantage of it and enjoying it.
So think about what you do have. Don't dwell on what you don't have. I believe Philippians 4:8 says something to that effect.

No comments: