Monday, November 10, 2008

Where is the good news?

Sometimes I watch the news. Then when I am watching, I ask myself, "Why?" Why do I subject myself to that? How much news is just bad? How much news is negative?
Now don't get me wrong. I get the fact that there are some things that are just negative, just bad, and just awful. I know that.
But for just once I would like to hear the majority of news be positive. I would like it to focus on the good things that happen in this world.
This is not some sort of pop psychological philosophy of positive thinking will change your life. But do me a favor. Spend a day writing down everything that is falls under Philippians 4:8. Then compare your list to the news. My guess is it will cause you to be even more thankful.

1 comment:

Blake said...

I don't know if you'll find good news on tv, but if you need a pick-me-up, www.happynews.com.