Friday, November 28, 2008

I have everything

Being that it is Thanksgiving season and all of that, I realized something interesting. I have everything. I am content. I have a refrigerator full of food (ok stuffed). And then today is "Black Friday." I looked at some adds for different sales. I just don't need anything. There was nothing I had to have. Maybe a couple things that would have been nice, but in general nothing I needed. So what did I do today? Hung out with my family. Lot more fun then waiting in 3 hours lines hoping for a good deal.
Now here are a couple of questions for you:
  • Am I content because I have enough "stuff" or is there something else that causes the contentedness?
  • What does one person need to be content?
  • How can we help other's realize what they have and become content with what they have?

1 comment:

B.W. said...

i def agree with this when it comes to "stuff" and possessions. but some people become too content in never doing or changing anything... we need to encourage others to live life to the fullest.