Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God Is Still On His Throne

As I sit here right now the election results are coming in. I don't know who is going to win. Today I talked to a lot of people who were genuinely concerned about election. Worried about what might happen. I hear what they are saying.

But here is the thing. Whatever happens here has not knocked God off His throne. He is still in charge. He is still in control. And He still is the King of kings and Lord of lords.

I know this election could have you all worried, but rest in God. Rest in the fact that He is still in control. When you wake up in the morning, unless Christ returns tonight, God will still be in control. Not a Republican or a Democrat living at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Oh by the way, keep in mind I don't know who is going to win at this time. Our job is to pray for the leaders of our country.

God is still on His throne!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your perspective. I typed those very words into my Google search this morning, because that's the perspective I want to live in. Keep it up! The B-7's in Boulder CO

Justin said...

Same here. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Patty said...

God is good all the time. All the time, God is good.

HB said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I still don't like the outcome. I'll get over it and move on after I sulk for a few days. If God wanted to bring Christians to their knees, I think He succeeded.

Katherine said...

Problem is, God was still on the throne when Hitler was killing off an entire people group. When Stalin was killing his own people. As rebel terrorists seize power in Africa. When Nero was burning Christians on stakes and feeding them to lions. Just because God is soverign doesn't mean that our freedoms will be perserved, or that we will have it good. THIS is why I'm so uneasy about the result of the election--when God in His soverign love leaves us to our own devices, the outcome is never pretty...

brooke said...

Amen and Amen! And yet, something makes me want to move to Mahaffey :-)