Sunday, November 30, 2008

A mouse in the house!!!

This afternoon, I was just sitting and relaxing when Heather started saying, "There is a mouse, there is a mouse!" Then she grabs Samuel and leaves the room with the instructions, "Get it!" Hmm...there are so many different directions to go with this so I guess I will try and give a couple different views:
  • The Hero View: Yeah, I came, I saw, I caught, and I got rid of it! Big tough guy huh?
  • The Lazy Cat View: During this time of catching the mouse, my cat was around, so I figured he would catch it right? Well it took me a lot of effort go get that cat to even acknowledge that the mouse was there. Really, why do we have a cat? I have a new theory that my cat sees a lot of mice everyday and is just too lazy to get them.
  • The Animal Lover View: My cat did not get the mouse. I did not kill the mouse. I caught the mouse. And then after I caught the mouse I released it into its natural habit. (ie the woods)
  • The Ironic View: The little mouse will probably be eaten by a bigger creature out in the woods.

Care to vote for your favorite, or add any?

3 comments:

HB said...

It was actually a cute mouse, and that's why I didn't freak out too much. However, I don't think it was overreacting to remove the child from the area near a potentially disease-ridden rodent. =) I was actually surprised about two things: 1)How disinterested Obi was in the mouse 2) How quickly you got it out of the house
You're my hero!

Fran said...

How bout the pet strategy:

Name him and tell everyone that he's one of the family. Even the cat likes him.

Shari said...

We had a cute little field mouse in our house nearly 2 years ago. We knew it was there, and our cat tried his best to get it, but it would get behind stuff too small for Gabe to get behind. I didn't want to kill it, but the day I opened the silverware drawer and there is was, squeaking at me, that was the last straw. Isaak got him alright. But it wasn't a happy ending for the mouse (God rest his little mousy soul).