Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting to know the Church

Notice I made sure Church was capitalized. I am talking about the universal Church. One of the cool things that I get to do as the Director of the Lighthouse is go to different churches and tell them about the Lighthouse. Now what is cool about this, is while I am there, of course I am scoping everything out. See how different churches do things. Just is really interesting. There are 2 points I want to make about all of this:
  1. There is no one way to do church. Everyone is different. Everyone should be different. You have to realize who you are as a church and do church based on who you are.
  2. God does not go to one church. God is all around. No one church has God to themselves

I am looking forward to getting to go to more churches. Just to see how things are done and getting to see a greater glimpse of the Church.

No comments: