Monday, June 23, 2008

Once again, another wreck

The intersection where Bakerstown Alliance is, is scary to say the least. I am pretty sure I am aware of about 10 wrecks there in the last 5 years. There could have been more, but despite what it seems I am not there all the time.
We were getting ready for VBS tonight, and I hear the sound that I have heard too many times. The sound of cars crashing. So I look outside, and sure enough, there is a wreck. So I head outside in the rain and make sure that everyone is ok.
There is a old lady in the one car. Physically she is fine. But she is panicking. Don't know what to do. So I just talked to her. Asked her questions, and just tried to keep her calm. Thankfully within a couple of minutes the police and paramedics arrived. They are so much better at handling that stuff.
The weird part was we tried to call the lady's son. She could only remember his home phone, not his cell phone number. So I get a call a little bit later from her son who she had not gotten a hold of yet. Needless to say it is not fun having to tell someone his mom was in a wreck.
Now I am trying to figure out what we can do to make that intersection better/safer.

2 comments:

Shari said...

That intersection scares the snot out of me. I think I pray harder there when I'm pulling out than at any other time during the day!

Blake said...

Petition for a 4-way stop