Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I have sunk to a new low

Last night I noticed that the battery on my car was not doing too good. I had to jump my car to get to VBS. After VBS I went to start it it was completely dead. Argh. So I got a ride home, grabbed my tools, took the other car back to the church, jumped it again, drove it to Advance Auto Parts, pulled in at 9:02 and they locked the door on me. Shoot. Well it is off to Walmart. Get my shopping cart, head to the complete other side. Find the right battery. Go all the way back to the other side. Check out. Go outside in the parking lot and begin the procedure. You know how it goes, forget where you put the wrench, grab the wrong wrench, can't get the screw off. Finally get the battery in with the tie down in place and realize you have it in backwards. Take it back out turn it around tie it down and then you can't find your wrench. Well I did get it in and hooked up. Guess what? It worked! The whole thing reminded me of my dad. Am I becoming like him? Ahhhh!!!!! Scary! Then sure enough, like father like son, I got a drink at Sheetz after I was done.

1 comment:

Shari said...

What, no Starbucks? I thought you'd have had a celebratory Starbucks!