Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Being a father

Today I read one of the saddest blog entries I have ever read. You can check it out here. Wow! It made me think how lucky I am to have my two boys who are completely healthy. I love the guy's openness and his ability to trust God through all of this. I don't understand why these things happen. I don't know what I did to deserve two perfect kids. I do know this: I thank God everyday for those little ones and for the fact that my kids have the greatest mom (I don't deserve her either). So I try and value everyday I have with them, to enjoy it, to try and make the most of it. By the way, I said "try." I am far from perfect.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Makes you count your blessings, doesn't it?
I had to go run and hug Connor after I read that. He thought I was nuts, but he thinks that most of the time anyway.