Thursday, June 19, 2008

Miracles

*Warning: Some theological content will appear in this post.*
Heather and I have been having an ongoing discussion about miracles. Basically what is a miracle, what isn't a miracle, and do miracles happen today.
Now I have heard/read all sorts of theories on miracles. Honestly, I understand where most of them are coming from and they make some good points.
A lot of it boils down to your definition of a miracle. Some people say that it has to be an unexplainable physical occurrence (i.e. the parting of the Red Sea). Others will say it is waking up and still being able to breath.
My definition is this: Anything that can be traced back to God. My reason for that may be a little different then the norm (ok, I am a little different than normal). My reason for that is when I start thinking of miracles in my life, I start focusing on God. When I realize all that he has done for me, when I realize the way he has been operating in my daily life it is a miracle. When I think of those miracles, I praise God!
Anything that leads to praising God is good, right? Therefore I am going to keep thinking about all the miracles in my life. Maybe I have been thinking about it a lot lately, but man, the number of miracles in my life in just the past week blows my mind.
I am not sure if I have gotten all the thoughts out of my head about this subject yet. I might have to have more posts later about this. I would love to hear you insights, definitions, thoughts, or reactions about any of this.

No comments: