Tuesday, July 10, 2007

This Will Trully Become Legendary

It is Tuesday. It is the first time that I had a second to check in and keep you all informed of what is going on. Sundays are never my favorite day at camp. It takes a lot of work to get people "settled" in. With that being said, we started off camp with the excessive use of the word "legendary". I don't regret that one bit. The word legendary has taken over. You can't go more then 30 minutes without hearing the word legendary. I have people actively looking for legendary moments. How great is that?
Things really kicked into gear on Monday, right around 11am-noon. Since then we've had nothing but pure legendary fun. I was really impressed on Monday. Both the campers and my staff played their hearts out, sang their hearts out, poured their hearts out and it was 97 degrees outside! That's the stuff of legends. That is the stuff that makes it all worth it.
I wish you could all experience the Edinboro Camp I know and love. So powerful, So...so...so God!
We are super blessed to have such a great staff this year, and a great bunch of campers. The weird thing is that out of the 42 campers only 6 are guys. But that is lending itself to some legendary guy bonding.
Let me give you a quick example of the quality of campers we have this week. We were riding on a bus, and I got to talk to one of the girls. We started talking about the guy/girl ratio and I said "tough to find a guy huh?" Her response was legendary! She told me she wanted this summer to be about God. She is fifteen years old and realizes that she needs to make sure she and God are tight now, before she drifts away. That is the stuff of legends. That is the stuff that makes me feel so inadequate. That is the stuff that makes me want to hire someone seven years in advance. Trully legendary!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this week really was legendary. i learned so much about God. i never was really interested until i got to camp an saw God in other people's lives. i'm so glad i came. i'm so glad i had the opportunity to meet every one, it truly changed my life, 4ever.

Dan Borchert said...

emilee,
it was great to get to talk to you. Stay with God, you will go far!