Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I got the job done!

One of the things I like most about myself is my ability to get the job done. Yesterday I installed (for the first time might I add) laminate flooring in my son's new room. With the help of Heather, we finished it! My goal for yesterday was to finish the floor, and I did it (at 11:30 p.m. including the 1/4 round). Of course this morning, I am sore as can be. It really does look nice. But the part that I am happy about is finishing what I set out to do. That makes me feel good. I think so many times we start off well and then we just don't finish. I know I am not alone in this. How many uncompleted projects do you have going on? Now when the project is not important, you know in the grand scheme of life, who cares! But so many things in our lives that we should be doing are just unfinished. After getting my floor down yesterday, boy does that feel good to get the job done. Let me encourage you, on a more than just doing "projects" around the house level, to get the job done. Do the type of jobs that God has been calling you to do. I have a feeling you know what they are. So go and do it. Maybe you too will feel sore in the morning, but man does it feel good.

No comments: