Thursday, July 19, 2007

I Have To Be..Myself

Something I think about every so often is "different ministry models." You have to be a coach, or a mentor, a shepherd, or part of the heard, or a disciple maker, a soul winner, or this thing or that thing, or whatever is the newest, or oldest fad.
Now before I sound too negative let me say this in all sincerity. A lot of those methods have a lot of good things to offer. There are things to learn from all of them.
But you want to know what I have learned that works the best? Be Dan Borchert! I can't be like anyone else. I have tried, and it always ends up frustrating me and those who I am trying to work with. Are my ways perfect? NO! Do I end up making people upset even when I am myself? You betcha. But that is who I am. God did not call me to be Billy Graham, or Rick Warren, or my dad Vern Borchert. God called me. I have to be faithful in being the one who God called.
With that said I am going to continue to learn techniques, principles, and lessons from wherever I can. But never let those things get in the way of the person who God called. Study the various people of the Bible. They are different. God likes variety. God called you. Be yourself. It makes ministry a whole lot more enjoyable.

No comments: