Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More Time To Pray!

Our Church just signed up with notify quick message system. The idea is really simple. You call a 1-800 number, enter your account number and stuff, press a couple of buttons, record your message, and it calls everybody on the list.
So last night I used it for the first time. It is incredible! First of all it is real easy to use. Second (and this is mighty impressive), I called and recorded my message at 9:05. At 9:06 it started calling everyone (including myself), and at 9:10 it was done! How great is that?
Right around 9:15 or so I checked my email and it had a summary of the call that was just completed. Incredible!
The funny part to me was at the end of the email this is what it said:

We made 29 attempts, re-dialing busy and no-answers, to get 24 message deliveries to
your group.
At 1 minute per call attempt, Notify Quick service has saved you 0 hours 29 minutes so far.

My favorite part "at 1 minute per call" Ok lets be honest. No way can we make a call in 1 minute. Typically for me it takes 5 to 15 minutes. You know you get talking and stuff so 1 minute is just not accurate.
Now what does this mean? It means that there will hopefully be more time to do what we are calling people to do. Pray!
Great system, easy to use, friendly, flexible (they have like 2343243 plans), affordable, convenient. Check it out. notify quick

2 comments:

Patty said...

I really like the new message thingy. The first time I got it, of course I was confused! I thought you were really on the phone. But then when I figured it out i thought this is cool. (OK, Bethany was here and explained it to me...)

Dan Borchert said...

Im glad you like it!