Sunday, July 22, 2007

Roots

As I mentioned the other week I was able to direct a week of Edinboro Camp. Now this coming week I will be at Mahaffey Camp. Now you are sitting there thinking that is a lot of camps. One of the greatest things about those places is that they have deep roots for me. A lot of my spiritual formation can be traced back to those places. God called me to do what I am doing now on August 4, 1992 at Edinboro Family Camp while I was sitting in the front row third from the center. Let me encourage you all to visit those places that have been significant to your spiritual formation. It is a great reminder of all that God has done in your life. When I was at Toccoa Falls College we had a college president who would always say, "Never forget in the dark what God has told you in the light." One of the best ways to do that is to go and visit those places were God did a significant work in your life.

No comments: