Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Post #200!

Yes folks, you are reading that correctly. This is my 200th post. Wow! Who would have thought?
I like this blogging stuff. I am never really sure who I am blogging for. Sometimes it is just for myself. It helps me flesh out ideas in my head, and get things off my chest.
Sometimes I blog about what God has been teaching me, so that others can gain from the lessons God has taken given me
Sometimes I blog to communicate information.
Sometimes I blog just have a place to share some random thoughts.

Let me tell you about my run today.
Today I chose a short run for the sole purpose of working on increasing my speed. While it was short, I was running at a much faster pace than before. The course that I ran today basically goes like this:


  • First 1/3 was all downhill

  • 2nd 1/3 was flat

  • last 1/3 was all uphill

Now for years I have always thought that the Apostle Paul was a runner. There are numerous running references in his writings that only a runner (or at very least; some sort of athlete) could fully relate to.


With that in mind as I was running I thinking about this:


"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Phil 3:12-14)


Now I have thought about that verse many times, especially the part: "forgetting what is behind." When I would think of that I would go right towards all the bad junk that has happened. When I got to the last 1/3 (the all-uphill part) I was laughing to myself. "I want to remember what was behind me." That got me thinking. We shouldn't be consumed with the good stuff in the past. Our focus must be on the finish line. With that in mind I put my energy into finishing strong.


So with this being post 200, yea! That's good. But I am going on. After all this is not the "End of Something Legendary," this is The Beginning of Something Legendary!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I am GLAD you have a blog.....can't believe that you are at 200 entries! I will be at 50 with two more blogs.....boo me.