Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mr. Fix-it had to call in reinforcements

I like to fix things. It gives me great joy to fix something and to get something to work. I love finishing a project. With that being said this past weekend was lawn mower weekend. Last fall I totally messed up my lawn mower. I sent my mower deck to a mower guy to get fixed, which he did and did a great job. So I brought it home, hooked it back up to mower, go to start the mower, and... nothing. Ok. I hooked up the jumper cables...still nothing. Ok. I looked around at it and noticed a bad fuse and fuse holder. I went to the store get a new one, hooked it up... still nothing. At this point I have no idea what it is. I decided it was time to call in the reinforcement and time to call in the big guy: my dad. I called him up, talked to him, and he says, "Ah. The motor's seized." I say, "That doesn't sound good." Well I have no idea what to do, but I had my dad. He came over and after two trips to the hardware store (it always takes several trips) a can of wd-40 (either duct tape or wd-40 is needed to fix everything) it fired up and away I went. Man it is great to have my dad. And to be honest, the the hours we spent fixing it were a blast. We talked, gave each other a hard time, and even managed to drink some coffee.

No comments: