Monday, August 10, 2009

Thoughts on being a single parent

This past weekend Heather was at a wedding. I was glad she could go. Honestly, I was. That left me with the boys. Now this was an awful weekend for me. I had something Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. That meant that I had to rely on my parents. So thankful that they were able to help me out. But it was weird not having Heather to help me out.

Now in no way do I think that my 100 hours without Heather is remotely in the same ball park as being a single parent. I also know that having my parents right there to help me was a huge benefit. But with that being said, being a single parent is tough. Figuring out how to get everything done with only one parent is tough.

I guess what I will take away from this experience is a little more compassion for single parents. It is a tough job.

No comments: