Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Mom

Actually, today is my mom's birthday. My mom is an incredible person. It is funny, in most circles people don't get to know my mom, they all know my dad, but my mom hides from the spotlight. In fact, getting a picture of my mom is darn near impossible.
My mom taught me so many valuable lessons. Such as when all else fails, just get out of the house. My mom taught me the adventure of just going somewhere just to go somewhere. A theory that I practice today.
I do wonder what ever happened to my mom. She went soft. You should see the things that my kids get a way with that would have never happened when I was growing up. I don't know when she got so soft. I guess she is a grandma now.
I do love the fact that my kids get to enjoy their grandma. I do love the fact that they know when they go to grandma's house they can get a cookie.
So happy birthday mom!

3 comments:

Patty said...

Lorrie's the best! Probably the most genuine person I know. Happy Bday Lorrie!

Patty said...

Lorrie's the best! Probably the most genuine person I know. Happy Bday Lorrie!

brooke said...

A line a will never forget, "Daniellll...turn that music down!" (heard from the dorm) Of course she is a softy now... look how sweet your boys look and she doesn't have all of the responsibility when it comes to her grand kids :-)

Have fun celebrating!