Monday, August 31, 2009

Resting when you are tired

Yeah, that title seems pretty obvious huh? Let me explain where it is coming from.

Last night I go to mow the grass. I start the riding lawn mower and it actually fire right up. At this point I am pretty stoked. I then have to move the car and let the mower warm up. When I get to the bottom of the driveway with the car, I noticed that the mower stopped running. I am thinking no big deal. It just stalled. Start it up again and then it stalled right away. Tried to start it again, nothing!

Based on all my knowledge of such things, the motor seized up. Or for all my southern friends, it is all don tore up.

Now I need to back up even a little more. Saturday was a long day, Sunday I had the opportunity to preach at a Church. What I am getting at is by the time that I went to mow, I was spent. I was just plain tired.

When the mower broke, I wanted to die. OK, maybe I just wanted to quit. It was at that moment that I realized that I was tired. Once I realized that, I just had to let it go.

I got a good night sleep. Woke up ready to go this morning. Today was one of those super crazy days. But I was able to deal with it.

I know it seems simple. I know it seems elementary. But, rest assured, God tells us about rest many times. God tells us how important it is. So unless you are better then God, get some rest. Don't tell me that you are better then everyone else.

No comments: