Sunday, September 21, 2008

The weekend

Yes it was a crazy weekend, but then again what else is new. I actually had a very low key Friday and Saturday just relaxing and hanging out with the family. I managed to run a whole whopping 1 mile on Saturday. It felt good. I think I might go all out on Monday: 2 miles! Seriously I read a lot about post marathon feeling and training and stuff. Very interesting. Not sure if I am ready to blog about all of it but some day maybe. This I did learn: That it takes about 1 day for every mile. So that means 26 days till I fully recover. Interesting.
At church today I wanted to accent the whole Body of Christ concept. So being that Bakerstown Alliance lets me do fun things, I re-arranged all the chairs. Caused people some confusion, but I had them arranged in such away so everyone could see each other. I was trying to create a more "intimate" atmosphere. I think it worked. Also got to use Mr. Potato Head to explain the body of Christ. Love the days I get to play with toys in the service.
The sad part of the weekend: I had to tell everyone (and now all of you out there in blogland) that I will be leaving Bakerstown Alliance. I have accepted a job at the Lighthouse Foundation. It is going to be a tough transition and I will mention more about it later. But just be praying for Bakerstown Alliance and myself during this transition.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Hey, you have not been blogging enough recently! What am I supposed to read when I get into the office in the morning?