Friday, September 19, 2008

Electricity and God

Sorry that I have not blog that much this week. It is basically because I had no power at my house. I had power at Bakerstown Alliance but the Electricity in our house was out for 72 hours or so. That made life a little difficult. Fortunately for us, my parents live like 3/4 a mile up the road and they did have power. So we stayed with them. But things were just a little more crazy then normal.
But all of this got me thinking. I don't think it is to far of a stretch to think of the Holy Spirit as electricity. Something you can't see but you sure can tell it is there. Something that makes a big difference even though you don't see it. Living with out electric was not a lot of fun. Living without the Holy Spirit is not a lot of fun. Yet sadly I think many people go through their daily life and never use the power of the Holy Spirit. That is about as ridiculous as having power and never turning anything on. Cool thing about the Holy Spirit is that He never goes out!
We have access to the most powerful force in all of creation. Use it!

1 comment:

Shari said...

Maybe the Holy Spirit could come help out Duquesne Light! :)