Saturday, September 13, 2008

The day before the big one

That is right. Tomorrow is the big marathon. I am really excited about it. It is cool when you know that you are going to fulfill one of your life goals. I have been drinking a lot of water this week, to make sure that I am fully hydrated. I have been eating a lot of pasta for the carbs (they're good when you running). I have been tapering the length of my runs for about three weeks now. This week I have felt like I should be running further. I feel really good.

In a couple of hours I will be leaving to go to Erie. When I get there, I'll pick up my registration packet, find some dinner, spend the night at Edinboro Camp, wake up some time way too early in the morning, drive to Presque Isle, and start the race at 7:00. Just in case you are in the Erie area I will try to get Heather to post my bib number.

I have set some goals for myself:


  • Base goal = FINISH!


  • Realistic goal = 6 hours


  • BHAG (Big Harry Audacious Goal = 5 1/2 hours

Now here is what is really exciting to me. If I run all 26 miles we will raise $583.30 for church planting. Now that is exciting! I have to run the whole thing now! I have to finish! Now of course there still is more time to join in the fun. All you have to do is email me at dan_borchert@yahoo.com with the per mile amount you would like to sponsor me, and I will tell you where to send the check!

I just want to thank all of you who have encouraged me to do this. I thank you for all your support. Don't worry I will let all know how it went.

No comments: