Sunday, September 14, 2008

I did it!

I finished the Erie Marathon. I finished all 26.2 miles. I am tired. I am sore. I am in pain. But I finished. Thanks to all of you who supported me. Today was hot! When I looked at the weather on Saturday it was supposed to be raining during the marathon. Somehow that all changed, and it was hot. Hot, Hot, Hot! I finished, I am happy, I am tired. I was able to raise $583.30 for church planting. That is great! Hopefully I will be able to walk normal again sometime.

5 comments:

Blake said...

Great Job DAN!!!

Patty said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Is there any way you could post a pic of the finishers medal? I can't find one anywhere. Here's the one from 2007.

Shari said...

They are going to get the biggest check ever from Bakerstown Alliance for church planting this year! We already had over a $100 dedicated, now with your pledges, we'll be sending them a nice check! They may come to expect this every year. What marathon can you run next fall to raise money, Dan? :)
CONGRATULATIONS! We knew you could do it!

brooke said...

What an accomplishment, congrats! And then the lights get turned off on you. How much more excitement could you ask for in one weekend?

Yes, I have joined the blog world..... now we'll see if I can keep up with it.