Monday, December 28, 2009

Long lasting ministry

Here is something that I am learning. When you invest your life in to people, you will not see results for 10 years. Most people are not willing to wait those 10 years. I think the last time I heard, the average length of a youth pastor is 6 months. The average length of a pastor is a year and a half.
I then look at Jesus, he took 3 years to disciple the disciples. Now I am thinking that it was a much more intense ministry experience then what we experience today. I also am thinking that Jesus was probably a little better then any of us will ever be.
So with that being said, invest yourself for the long term. It is then that you will see results. I am always amazed at my dad. He has been in the same place, investing himself into people lives for 33+ years. I get to see what he accomplished. But it is only because of the number of years he has invested.
Today we went out to eat for supper. Our server happened to be a kid in our kids klub about 8 years ago. Really cool catching up with him. He is doing good. Man that makes me happy. It makes me want to keep on doing what I am doing.

No comments: