Tuesday, December 8, 2009

IRS...the ongoing saga

Today I added yet another chapter to my IRS story. I called them the other week to ask if they are ever going to respond to my letter I wrote them 3 months ago and they said they would get back to me in 45 days. So upon talking to them, I was getting nowhere fast. Eventually the lady told me to go to a IRS walk-in facility. I said ok where is one. They told me in Warrendale. They gave me the hours, 8:30-3:30. Finally today I had the opportunity to stop in the morning. I made it there at about 9:00. Open the door and no light is on. I stand there for about 2 minutes, finally find a phone. It had a couple of options, so I dialed one of them. "How can I help you?" "I am here for a review" "Ohh, you can only do that on Mondays" You got to be kidding me. Argh. However, you could go to the one in Butler, they are open everyday. So I drive up to Butler. I find the office. Go in. I am the only one there, and I start talking to the guy. He asked me a few questions, found my file online. Then he says "ohh it appears that there was an adjustment made yesterday" Turns out they finally go to reviewing my file. Guess what? I was right! They are fixing their error. I am getting a bigger return. Yes folks it is true. I fought the IRS and I won.
Next step...run for president?

No comments: