Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey Trot

On Saturday I had the opportunity to run in the 10th annual Turkey Trot at Treesdale. I have to say it was wonderfully organized. They had plenty of volunteers helping out. They had every thing up and running. A really well run event.
The course was difficult. One of the hardest courses I have ever seen. Between mile one and two I think it was just one long hill. Not to mention the beginning that after 50 yards you were heading up a huge hill. I do like challenging courses. I am just a crazy like that.

It turned out that I finished 2nd in my age category. The guy that beat me, who happens to be on the Lighthouse Board, finished 2nd to last in our category. (did you get that?)

All in all a great morning. The best thing? All proceeds go to the Lighthouse! Thank you to all who helped put everything together.

No comments: