Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Effectiveness

One of the biggest lessons that I learned in college (at the great Toccoa Falls College that is) was about forms, functions, and foundations. Allow me to review:

  • Foundation -- that should be the foundation of Christ. Everything we do must be from that starting point
  • Functions -- The things the Bible tells us to do. Stuff like the Great Commandment, the great commission go and make disciples, WHEN you pray (not if). Stuff like that.
  • Forms -- How you do the functions. Whatever way is most effective, do it!

Now there is one stat that has stayed with me for a long time. It takes the church in America 100 people 1 year at a cost of $100,000 to reach one person for Christ. I never liked that one much. So I always trying to find ways to lower those numbers.

But when I juxtapose those two things, my brain gets excited. My soul gets excited! Then I want to figure out the best way to do everything! Then I start dreaming! Then dreaming leads to action!