Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Change

I think that is one of the most overused words lately. Every politician is promising change. I am in the midst of change right now. It has effected my blogging lately. I have been unsure of exactly what to say and what not to say. So I have basically stayed quiet. But it is time for me to start sharing with all of you out there. I imagine there will be several posts over the next several days dealing with all of this.
I have always had a respect for pastors who stay at the same church for thirty years. I see the value of that. I see the opportunities to effect three or more generations of a family. With that being said leaving Bakerstown Alliance after 6.5 or 8.5 years (I was the assistant for 2 years before becoming the lead pastor) is tough. In a lot of ways I would have liked to stay there a lot longer. Did I accomplish all the goals I set? No! Did I feel like I have done all that I could there? No! Do I feel that there is no room for growth at Bakerstown Alliance? Absolutely not! So leaving a place I love was tough. I love Bakerstown Alliance. I know the future is bright. But I also had to be sensitive to God's leading.
There is more I have to say about all of this, just keep checking.

No comments: