Wednesday, July 2, 2008

How To Get Me Fired Up

Buy me lunch at Olive Garden? Well that is part of it, but not really. I got to meet a friend/mentor for lunch today. It really encouraged me. We talked about everything from family to church to blogging. I did my best to convince the guy to start blogging, I hope I was successful. I need people like that in my life. People that I can meet with, catch up with, and talk to and be totally excited about.
I am not sure why that happens with some people I meet with. I am pretty sure that it has to do with passion. This guy has a passion for reaching that lost. Because of that passion, he will do literally anything it take to accomplish that. He will spend his time talking to me, give me suggestions on how to reach people. I love that!
Now here is the thing. He is a true friend. And being a true friend, he challenged me in a couple areas. Only a friend is willing to be that up front. Funny thing is because of his friendship, I did not get mad at him, I was encouraged.
I hope I am that type of friend.

No comments: