Thursday, July 23, 2009

Making new friends

I have always thought that you should only do business with friends. Honestly, for the most part that is true in my life. Now because of the philosophy I find it very important to be friends with everyone I know.

When I walk into my local Starbucks, they get me my drink without me having to say what I want. I like that. Now don't get me wrong, I know they are trained to do that. But hey, it makes me feel like they are my friends.

A couple of weeks ago, I drove by a local pizza shop. On there sign it said that they were now open at 7 am serving coffee and breakfast sandwiches. Sounds good to me. So one morning I stopped, turns out the guy slept in and didn't have the coffee ready. So I stopped by another day. The guy apologized for the other day. Hey no problem. The coffee was great and the sandwich was big and good. So I went back another time. This time I just wanted a pastry and coffee. I got my stuff, went to my car, went to take a bite, ohh no! The pastry was molded. So I went back in, explain the problem, got another one, it was good!

Today I went back yet again, this time there was a cooler for the pastries. The guy explained to me how he cut the counter and mounted the cooler. Thus keeping the pastries fresher for longer. He also gave me a free pastry today! (Free food might just be my love language)

So yes I will continue to stop there. The guy is trying. Hope they do well.

1 comment:

B.W. said...

free food must be your love language like rugs are my love language! i love rugs!