Monday, April 13, 2009

What a great Easter

Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple of days. Just been running like crazy. I told you about Thursday (see previous post). So let me begin with Friday. We had our Annual Men's Breakfast. This year there were 162 males there. Ok, let me say it here: it is good for men to be together. Whatever it takes for us men to step up to that plate, it is worth it. Troy Loney (former Pittsburgh Penguin) was the speaker. I think he said something for everyone.
Following the breakfast was the blood drive. You know, a little feed and bleed. In all seriousness I think the idea of giving blood on Good Friday is really significant. It helps me remember in a very small way what Christ went through.
Friday night we had a time of reflection at Bakerstown Alliance. Not really an agenda. We had people singing, and communion set up. That is about it. If you wanted to sit there and pray, you could. If you want to sing, you could. If you just wanted to reflect, you could. Just a nice relaxed intimate time.
Our community has a kind of strange tradition on Saturday before Easter. We have the common fire service. Now at this service the different churches of the community come together and stand around a fire... at the grocery store! We meet in the parking lot, have the fire, sing songs, read scripture, and pray. At the end of the service a representative from every local church lights a candle to place in their church on Easter. This is to represent common bond we have, that being Christ's resurrection. So odd, yet so much fun.
Sunday, Resurrection Sunday. How can you not like Easter Sunday? It was great. We had breakfast at church, and then had church. Just a lot of fun! Celebrating the resurrection, how could you not like that? Then went to my parents for lunch (and ate to much). Had a fun time talking with Blake.
Today, I had the day off. That meant I got to spend the whole day with my family! I like that. We actually went to Cabela's. Now we are not the biggest hunting family or anything like that. But still were able to have a good time. Maybe it is not so much where you go, as it is who you are with. Being with my family, of course it is fun.
Great, great weekend. Tomorrow, back to work!

No comments: