Sunday, October 12, 2008

Good enough?

I was reading a bunch of stuff today and I came across a quote that really messed me up:

"It's rather sickening that so many settle for mediocrity in the name of Jesus Christ, but demand quality in the name of Starbucks - sounds backwards to me."

Now let us be honest. For those of us who are coffee addicts, we do not want bad coffee. We want good coffee. Now I don't think I am some sort of coffee snob or anything like that, I just want my coffee to be good.

A phrase that I have heard more times than I ever would want to hear: "oh, it is good enough for church." Come on! You serious? Good enough for the Savior of the world?

We demand excellence from our coffee, but we don't demand excellence in the name of Jesus? That is messed up.

Be the change that you want to see in others. How? By doing whatever you are doing for God with all your heart. By putting forth your best effort. By striving to serve not the best coffee, but to serve the Living God.

The cool thing is, you are not responsible for how others do (or don't do) their job. That is not your problem. You do what you can do to do your best to serve God. And please don't ever use the "it is good enough for church" line ever again, especially to me!

No comments: