Wednesday, October 29, 2008

He loves God a little more

I was talking to a friend today, and he said something that got me thinking all day. He was quoting his pastor who said something to the effect, "He loves the Bible, but he loves God just a little more." Hmm... boy that got me thinking on so many levels. And boy did I toss that one around in my head for a long time. Still enjoying thinking about all the implications of the statement.
Now here is the thing I love about all of this. While I was thinking about the statement I was actively thinking about God. I was thinking about everything I know about God. About every verse that I had memorized that related. About everything that I have learned about God from others and from my own personal relationship with God.
That is the beauty of the whole process. If you spend the whole day thinking about God, that is a good thing. So I hope the statement, "He loves the Bible but he love God just a little more" causes you to do some deep pondering. Enjoy.

No comments: