Monday, April 19, 2010

We help people who have names

I have been to various training were they always talking about helping the "client" or "consumer." I have been in meetings where they talked about people basically being a number. I have heard people refer to people they are trying to help as "them".
It may surprise you but "clients, consumers, and them" do have names. Just like me and you have names. They are real people.
I know that sounds obvious, but it has to do with the how we treat people. When we start calling people by there names, it becomes personal. When it becomes personal, then we will stop at nothing to help someone. I would like to be at the point. Think about it, what did Jesus stop at to help us? He gave his life for us. Yeah, that is a good point to be at.

1 comment:

B.W. said...

In a training or meeting, you cannot use names due to confidentiality. The people you minister to will appreciate you keeping their business in confidence. You could always refer to them as residents? I get your point though.