Tuesday, April 6, 2010

It does take the whole community

These last couple of days that the Lighthouse have been incredible. I have watched the Numbers of people that have come together just to be able to help their neighbors out. One of the stranger moments was on Monday. I was eating lunch in the kitchen with about 9 other people. Now normally that would not be odd. But we were closed on Monday. I asked everyone why are they here? Their response, "Why are you here?" Today we had the new freezer arrive. Again that whole freezer deal is amazing in and of itself. We had probably 7 tons of food delivered today. I can not tell you how many phone calls where answered and returned. Wow, it was crazy and amazing at the same time! I feel honored to be able to serve with a group of volunteers and staff that will stop at nothing to help people!

No comments: