Sunday, October 25, 2009

When I am ready

Can you think about your life for a second for me? I want you to think of some major events in your life. Now, I want to ask you this question; were you ready?
I think back to becoming the pastor at Bakerstown CMA. Was I ready? NO! Now it is true that I had all the training that I technically needed. I was eligible. But as far as actually being ready, I don't think I was.
When we had Isaiah, was I ready to be a parent? I don't think so. I don't know think I really know what I am doing four years later. Heck I still don't know what I am doing with our second child. I am learning all the time.
The point is this: most of the big events in your life, you probably won't feel you are ready for that next chapter. And honestly, you probably aren't ready. But that is where faith comes in. Faith to trust in God to lead you, not just to the opportunity but through the opportunity.
When those moments come, trust God, not your preparation.

No comments: