Thursday, October 29, 2009

How connected are you?

I think we need to recognize overconnectivity. I have seen people that spend every second of the day talking/texting/emailing/surfing without stopping even in the bathroom. Crazy. Now I will admit to liking my laptop. I enjoy being connected.
But, people, there comes a point. People. just unplug.
I have learned that if you ever want to impress someone, don't text while talking to them. Stop all this overconnectivity stuff and just listen to them. This will blow people socks off, trust me.
If you are suffering from overconnectivity, please hear me out. Take 1 week off. Stay unconnected for 1 week. You will survive. You might enjoy it.
Sorry for the rant.

1 comment:

Blake said...

Amen! I can't hold a meeting with students (even some administration for that matter) without them constantly checking their phone and sending text messages. It is very annoying.