Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The ups and down of the past two days

I have had a tough couple of days. The good news is that we have our occupancy permit for Blanchard House. To get that was crazy. It was a series of ups and downs. I had the inspector coming at 8:30 a.m. When he left, I had no idea if we passed or not. He had found some stuff that he had never found before and mentioned in his report. So I waited til after lunch to pick up the report. Turns out that I still had to get the fire chief to sign off on the whole deal. Then I walk over to the fire department, find the chief and he tells me he will be there in 30 minutes. No problem. He shows up, inspects the house for 13 minutes and I am done! The good news is we got the occupancy permit, and people can start moving in.
Of course today I had to find two refrigerators. Did that. Lined it up to pick them up this morning. Did that. Now somehow I got the two biggest refrigerators in the whole world (slight hyperbole). The worst part was getting the two refrigerators up to the 2nd and 3rd floor. That was a lot of work.
Lots of struggles, but it is done! Can't wait to see the lives changed because of all of this work.

No comments: