Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thoughts from Sunday

Yeah, Yeah, I know. It seems a little late to be talking about stuff that happened on Sunday. Well maybe I am just a little slow to process things sometimes. Maybe it takes time for me to fully think through things. But let me share some thoughts about Sunday.
I did something I normally don't do. The message (which you can listen to here) was more of a lesson about sanctification. At the end I had people share their journeys with Christ using a line to represent the highs and the lows. That was a lot of fun. It took this theoretical message and made it practical. I think we all learned something about God making us more like Him and also learned more about each other. I liked the way it turned out. I have to admit I was scared when I was talking about it that people were not connecting, but having people fill it out at the end, man, they were right on.
Lots of fun!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

It was a great message, Dan. I think everyone felt encouraged by the people who shared. It's reassuring to know that we all have highs and lows in our walks with God but overall, He's making us more like Himself as we keep seeking Him. It's one thing to hear that from a pastor, but hearing it from Christians in the pews really drives the point home.