Monday, September 10, 2007

What are you known for?

It hit me really hard today. If I ask you the list "what is the church against?" how long would your list be? How many things could you name. Go ahead do it. Come back in a couple of minutes.

OK. Now that it has been a couple of minutes, I want to ask you "what is the church for?" Go. How long is your list this time?

My guess is that unfortunately the "against" list was a lot longer and a lot easier to come up with. That is a challenge for me. I want the world to know what I am for. That I am for Jesus, that I am about showing the love of Christ, that I am for being honest and genuine. Stuff like that. That does not mean that there are not things that I am against. It is that I want to be known for what I am for rather then what I am against. I think that is what made Jesus so different. If I asked you what he was against, the only thing I could think of is hypocritical Pharisees.

I challenge you to be a person who is known for what they are for. It is way too easy to be known as person who is against everything. But can you be known for what you are for?

No comments: