Thursday, September 13, 2007

Staying Power

Something that I have noticed in my life, and I think a lot of this comes from my Dad. The power of staying, staying the course, to invest your life fully in someone. Can I be frank for a second? I think that the reason most businesses, churches, ministries fail is lack of staying power. You all know what I am talking about. Everybody is super excited about something, and get all fired up, you know 'they are going to change the world' type attitude. Then they begin, and it seems like everything is going great. Then inevitably just like everything else, something goes wrong. Sure we might say something like "God is telling me to move on." I wonder if sometimes we use that as an excuse to quit, an excuse to give up, an excuse to fail. I don't really care where you stand on the War in Iraq. What you have to admire is George Bush's staying power. Politically he could gain a lot by getting out of there. But he feels he is doing the right thing and there is nothing that is going to stop him from doing it. I hope that is how you approach something God has called you to do. I guarantee you will experience a lot of setbacks, possible failures, possible heart aches. God will help you through it. He will be with you. Easy? No. But trust me, it is worth it in the end

No comments: