Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My kids are smart

Tonight we had a dinner with the Salvation Army to honor my dad and Wes Gerrard. Isaiah and Samuel were there too. I have to admit those kids were angels. They were better then angels. They ate there food and did not complain. Isaiah was telling everyone that he was 3 years old and his brother was Samuel. He even said to the waitress "this food is really good." Priceless! I was so proud of those two. Now if they can continue this putting on a good show stuff, they will go far. Trust me, from personal experience, it works!

2 comments:

Curtis Marshall said...

Dan,

I just wanted you to know that I saw a comment from you on Batterson's blog about using text messages during altar calls.

I had the rare opportunity to preach on Sunday morning this past week (I'm a college pastor), and I spoke to about 650 people about experiencing God.

I tried your idea, put my number on the screen, and received 48 texts in response! Some people wanted to experience God for the first time, some had not had an experience with Him in a long time and wanted to pursue it again, and some just wanted to encourage me as a guest speaker.

I have the whole church staff helping with the follow up!

Brilliant idea!

Now, our church is talking about buying a designated cell phone to facilitate similar response times in the future.

Patty said...

Dan, this is amazing that Curtis and you connected through your comment on Mark B's blog. God is using all of this technology!! Hallelujah!