Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I always want more

One of my biggest flaws or strengths (amazing how they can be the same) is I am always wanting to do something better, bigger, and more amazing. Just about every Sunday it is the same: I did pretty good, but...I could have done so much better. Every time we have a special event: it was good, but could have been better. Our Thanksgiving Eve service at Bakerstown Alliance was good, but I wish I did things a little different, a little more special, a little bit better. Now depending on my motivation this is either good or bad. If I want to do something better to serve God, that is a good thing. If I want to do something better to make me look better, that's a bad thing. If I am grateful to God for the outcome, good thing. If I think God let me down, bad thing.
I have to live with this tension. I have to learn to let it drive me crazy. But I love having it. I love being able to push my limits and serve my God.

No comments: